- Carnival time can be a very exciting and enjoyable time with a little advance planning and preparation.
- The biggest threat to parade watching is the problem of children trying to reach under floats for throws or running in front of or behind a passing float. It is a sure way to ruin a parade by having a child injured because of a few cheap trinkets. This goes for adults too.
- Do not bring a wallet or purse. Carry money and a picture I.D. in your front pocket. It is easier to feel a pick-pocket this way.
- Leave all unnecessary items at home…This means expensive jewelry too.
- Get an identification card for your child and put it in the child’s front pocket. With larger crowds at the parades, children can get lost.
- Do not put children on ladders or shoulders. The higher up they are, the harder they can fall.
- Park in designated areas, otherwise you could be ticketed or your vehicle towed.
BACK TO ALL PROGRAMS / SERVICES >